Selling a property is not an everyday occurrence, and the need for it arises only once in a blue moon. Finding a local real estate agent in Florida who would either sell your house without any commission or provide their services at a discounted price is indeed a rarity. Consequently, trying to sell the property on your own could be an excruciating process, and could potentially dig a hole in your pocket.
So… you landed on this page about “How to sell your house by yourself in Florida FL” because of a few reasons I’m guessing…
- You have no or very little equity in your house so you can’t afford to pay a real estate agents commissions
- You have equity but want to try to save money selling the house yourself before you resort to hiring an agent
- You’re in foreclosure (or heading that way) and just need to sell fast without incurring thousands in agent commissions
- You can’t wait the months and months it sometimes takes to sell a house in the Florida area in this market so you want to try to sell it more quickly
In whatever abode you may find yourself, there are methodologies to vend your domicile independently in the surrounding Florida realty marketplace.
The real estate industry has undergone a tremendous convalescence since 2013. Consequently, selling your homestead during this juncture would undoubtedly be lucrative if executed with finesse. Primarily, it requires adept employment of judicious commercialization schemes, coupled with realistic aspirations with regard to the ultimate objective of the transaction.
This editorial is a repository of directives, aimed at rendering aid in selling your Florida neighborhood domicile without intermediaries.
How To Sell Your House By Yourself In Florida FL – Let’s Dive In
Know The Florida Real Estate Market Well
The first and most important step is doing a market research on your neighborhood in the Florida FL area. This step involves visiting various home marketing sites (Zillow, Eppraisal the Chase home value estimator, etc), calling a real estate agent or two to see what your home is worth, or reading about the various market pricing techniques. Proper homework on these issues will allow you to come up with a right price for your house and also helps you to avoid making certain selling mistakes.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value yourself… Simply contact us at (786) 904-1444 and we’ll provide you with a transparent and equitable assessment of your home’s market value, taking into account the retail market and the length of time it may take to find an appropriate buyer. Furthermore, if you’re interested, we’re also able to provide you with a reasonable all-cash offer, granting you the option to quickly sell your home in as little as a week.
Asses the market
The stage that we are about to discuss is quite similar to conducting a market study, with the only difference being that you are restricted to your neighborhood and homes that share common characteristics. Are there a plethora of dwellings for sale in your area of domicile here in Florida? If the answer is affirmative, what is the average price they are being marketed for? Additionally, are there an abundance of property foreclosures in your vicinity? If so, this could have a detrimental impact on the price of your property.
Asses the house
To ensure that your house sells for a premium price, it is imperative that the property is in pristine condition. One should identify unique characteristics that the house possesses, and promote them vigorously during marketing efforts. For instance, in Florida, a house with a driveway parking may be more alluring to prospective buyers in comparison to one with a garage.
Additionally, it is vital to ask yourself whether your property requires any repairs or renovation. Is a fresh coat of paint needed for the interior or exterior? What is the status of the roof? Are the grounds maintained well? Is the house outdated in any way? All of these factors can positively or negatively impact a buyer’s interest, which in turn, affects the price they are willing to pay.
Following this due diligence, the final step is to establish a fair asking price for your home in Florida. It should not be set so high that it takes months to sell the property, but it should still be attractive enough to lure potential buyers who are eager to acquire a new home.
Use Photos or Videos
It is critical for those who wish to sell their homes in Florida to consider the value of media to potential buyers. Creating walk-through videos of the property is an excellent way to generate interest, as it allows for a more comprehensive and immersive viewing experience. The transparency of these videos is highly regarded, and they have been found to be more effective at showcasing the property’s unique features than still photos.
It is important to note, however, that still photos should not be disregarded as they are a more cost-effective option. It is recommended to take high-quality photos of each room in the house that showcases its unique features, as well as a few different angles of the exterior. By doing so, potential buyers can get a better sense of the property and are more likely to show up for a viewing.
In summary, utilizing both walk-through videos and high-quality photos in the marketing of a property can increase its exposure and ultimately lead to a quicker sale.
Get Your House “Listed” On The Local Florida MLS And Market It
You can unearth real estate agents who offer minimal or no charges in this day and age. They will levy a nominal amount to list your property on the local Florida MLS. This will enable your property to be presented to a vast number of real estate agents expeditiously. Therefore, be ready to compensate the “buyers” agents a 2-3% buyers broker fee if you want their assistance in finding a purchaser.
In addition to this, advertise your property in the local newspaper, post signs on the roads, and organize an open house to attract prospective buyers.
All Of This Sound Like A Lot Of Work To Sell Your Florida House Fast Yourself?
It can be.
At the ultimate stage, a plethora of house sellers in the Florida area opine that they are economizing on their finances and temporal resources by executing a do-it-yourself approach in advertising their abode… only to realize that it results in greater monetary expenditure in the long run.
When you sell your own house here are some things you need to consider…
- If you’re not a good marketer or the willingness to invest an extensive amount of time and energy into promoting their property in an effective manner, opting to sell one’s house without the assistance of a professional may not be the most advantageous decision to make.
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the house and the marketing materials… and fail to effectively collaborate with potential buyers in accentuating the value of your property, the unpleasant outcome may be selling the property at a discounted price ranging between 3% to 8%. This is a rather unfortunate circumstance, considering that had you sought the aid of a skilled individual to market your property, you would have been able to sell the property for a much higher amount.
- Too many sellers never think about holding costs or opportunity costs… Every passing month that your property remains unsold begets another financial obligation – mortgage payments, taxes, insurance, utilities, and so forth. For instance, if your mortgage payment stands at $1,500 per month, with $1,300 of that amount set aside for interest payments, and your property takes seven months to sell, that adds up to an additional cost of $9,100, without even taking into account taxes and insurance premiums that you paid during that time. Therefore, it is worth pondering whether it is a sensible move to offer a prospective buyer a reduced price in exchange for a quick closing and the opportunity to move on rapidly if it could lead to the property being sold more promptly. This is a point worth considering.
If one finds the hassle of marketing their Florida property burdensome, and would prefer to quickly sell it for a just price without incurring any fees or commissions, they may consider reaching out to 123SoldCash.com - Phone: 786-904-1444, as we have a penchant for procuring local Florida FL abodes.
We are offering a fair, No-Obligation and Effortles cash offer on your property, with no strings attached.
If you are looking to close the deal hastily, we can expedite the process, closing the deal in as little as a week, thus saving you a plethora of dollars compared to the arduous process of selling your property yourself and enduring months of waiting.
Also, when we buy local Florida houses we do all repairs that are needed (we pay for it ourselves) so you don’t have to worry about that.
If you want to see what we can pay for your house, give us a call today at (786) 904-1444 or just fill out the quick simple form through the link below.